Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What my abuser thinks...

I am a master at rationalizing.  I can rationalize any behavior from any person.  This doesn't mean I put the blame on myself, I just make excuses for why everyone does the crappy stuff they do.  In many ways, I have felt pity to those who have abused me.  They constantly focus on the bad things and complain constantly.  Then I stopped.

  1. It does not matter if this person is having a bad day.  They do not have the right to take out their issues on me.
  2. I am not responsible for the way other people feel.  Their bad mood is not my fault.
  3. Only I am responsible for the way I feel.
The good thing about having lived away from my abuser is I have had several years of a normal life.  During that time, I healed from a lot of childhood abuse.  I was able to build my self esteem and establish personal boundaries.  Although those things are constantly violated, my spirit isn't broken.  Breaking me down is what my abusers want.  I can put on a fantastic show, but my spirit is and will always be perfectly intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment