Monday, February 14, 2011

Moving Up

Over the weekend I purchased the domain for my business and 3 months of hosting.  It's not much, but it IS a start.

The thing that's going to give me the most trouble is using Joomla.  There are a lot of great HTML templates out there but Joomla doesn't use HTML templates.  The Joomla templates are all junky and have a thousand menus. My site is a simple service site and I won't use that many menus.  EVER.  So this will be a challenge.  I may see about converting a regular HTML template to PHP and see if Joomla will take it.

I also spent some time looking at used cars on Craigslist over the weekend just to see what was out there for under $3000.  I'm feeling more and more ok about purchasing a vehicle when the time comes, especially knowing that I will have a support system in place where I plan on moving to.

But the point is, I have done something to make myself more independent from my abusers.  The threats of kicking me out of the house or taking my car keys if I don't do exactly what they want or give them all my money matters less and less.  Fact is, I might even be ok to move now, but I don't want to stress my son out more by making him change schools again in the middle of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment