Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Blog This?

Have you ever had something happen that just shakes you awake?  That's what this last few weeks has been like for me.

In 2009 I moved my child and myself in with my parents.  I am 30 years old.  And I'm being psychologically and financially abused by my parents.  Fortunately, it is mostly me and not my son.  I didn't even realize what the situation had turned in to until last weekend when it became so unstable I realized that I have to get out ASAP.

I am not the only adult living with my parents - I personally know several others.  I  know several others in similar abusive situations.  Everyone thinks of domestic abuse as women getting hit by boyfriends or husbands, or minor children being abused by parents.  But the thing about psychological abuse by a parent is you grow up thinking this behavior is normal and continue to allow it as an adult because you don't know better.

The idea of going to DCF with this problem is scary.  I don't want to lose my child but I want this abuse documented.  It started when I was a child and continues today.  The cycle is ending here with me.  I will not abuse my child and I will not allow him to be abused by someone else.

For now, I must document this as best I can.  The thing about a paper journal is it can be found, and Internet journal, no matter how public it is.  The likelihood of them finding this blog is much more slim than finding a paper journal.  So here is my story.  Hopefully I can use this to help someone else, and maybe make a little money in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment